Area of application
VIROGUARD is applicable as an aid in improved hygiene management, effective against viruses, bacteria, fungi and spores.
VIROGUARD is a 100% synergistic blend of organic acids, surfactants and biocides. It is a strong oxidizing agent.
Physical & chemical properties
|Appearance||:||Pink, free-flowing powder|
|pH (1% sol, 20°C)||:||2.6|
|Boiling point||:||Decomposes on heating|
|Solubility in water||:||±65g/L|
|Stability||:||Powder stable for up to 3 years at 20°C|
|A 1 % solution||:||10% loss of the initial activity after 7 days|
|Solubility||:||Readily soluble in tepid water giving a clear pink solution|
|Corrosivity||:||No corrosive effects on stainless steel when used as directed|
Recommended method of application
- Use product on pre-cleaned surfaces only that are in good repair
- Apply at a dilution of 10g/L either by low pressure or with a suitable foaming unit
- A contact time for walls of at least 20 minutes should be allowed for maximum bactericidal effect
Terminal disinfection of poultry houses:
- Use a suitable mechanical mister or knapsack sprayer to apply the product at a rate of 10g/L as reflected in a preparation table below
- Allow to dry
Header tank sanitation:
- Use at a dilution of 10g/L at clean-out, dosing the header tank
- Leave for at least one hour
- Drain the water
- Use at a rate of 10g/L: kills most pathogens in 30 seconds
- Replenish weekly or when heavily soiled
- Empty dam first
- Remove all organic matter
- Wash dam with strong detergent
- Rinse with potable water
- Leave to dry before applying VIROGUARD at a dilution of 1g/L by foaming application or knapsack spray
- Allow to dry
Preparation table – Application rate at 300ml/m²:
|1:100||10mL product in 1 Litre of water; 2 Litres in 200 litres of water|
|1:200||5mL product in 1 Litre of water; 1 Litre in 200 litres of water|
|1:500||2mL product in 1 Litre of water; 400ml in 200 litres of water|
Safety precautions and first aid
Eyes – hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if still present, after 5 minutes then continue rinsing. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Skin – Take off contaminated clothing and rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Swallowed – Call a doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip water if able to swallow. Rinse mouth with water. Do not induce vomitting unless told to do so by the doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
Inhaled – Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call an ambulance, then give artificial repsiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Note to Doctor: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Have product container or label with you when calling the doctor or going for medical treatment.
Packaging & Storage
VIROGUARD is packed in 25 litre UN approved, non-removable head, HDPE plastic jerry cans, square 1200-1300g fitted with screw cap and rubber gasket (torque 20Nm). The packaging meets Packing Group II and III tests. Each drum can handle any product with a specific gravity less than 1.8 and allow an internal test pressure of 100kPa.
Store in a tightly closed container in a well-ventilated chemical storage facility between 10°C and 25°C, away from sensitive environs, foodstuffs and children. Keep under lock and key.
Keep out of direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to high temperatures will have a detrimental effect on the product. Shelf-life = 24 months from date of manufacture.