Area of application
- ULTRACIDE is ideal for use as a disinfectant in chicken houses, for hatchery equipment and processing equipment found in the Food Processing Industry.
- ULTRACIDE is a highly concentrated disinfectant based on a synergistic blend of quaternary ammonium compounds, which have broad-spectrum anti-bacterial and anti-fungal activities.
- ULTRACIDE is a general disinfectant designed to be applied on surfaces of inanimate objects, generally clean and in good repair with the aim to supplement other efforts at improving hygiene conditions.
- ULTRACIDE when used at the recommended dilution levels is safe for the environment in which man and animal have close contact.
- ULTRACIDE can be applied via knapsack sprayer, high-pressure washer or foaming apparatus.
- Because ULTRACIDE is a highly active product it can be foamed at up to dilutions of 1:200.
- The single and twin chain quaternary ammonium compounds present in ULTRACIDE are broad spectrum anti-microbial agents effective against gram negative, gram-positive bacteria, yeasts, moulds and fungi.
- ULTRACIDE contains chelating agents that improves hard water tolerance and reacts with Calcium and Magnesium in the cell membrane.
- The surfactants and alkali boosters in ULTRACIDE also assist with the disruption of the cell membrane.
- The product is suitable for all hatchery and processing plant equipment.
- It is non-corrosive and non-staining at recommended dilution rates.
- ULTRACIDE can be applied manually, with high-pressure washers or foaming apparatus.
- Low toxicity at use dilutions ensure that it has a minimal effect on the environment.
Mode of action
Physical & chemical properties
|pH||:||12 – 13|
|Density||:||1.00 – 1.08|
|Solubility – water||:||Complete|
|Solubility – solvent||:||Insoluble in most|
Recommended method of application
NOTE: In common with all QAC disinfectants, ULTRACIDE is cationic and therefore is not compatible with normal anionic detergents and soaps.
- ULTRACIDE can be used at a dilution of up to 1:200. For foaming applications where a thick tenacious foam is desired, it is advisable to use the product at a dilution of 1:100.
- ULTRACIDE can be used for disinfecting hatchery equipment either manually, with a high-pressure washer or foaming apparatus.
- If practical, a contact time of at least 20 minutes should be allowed for maximum bactericidal efficacy.
- Dilute ULTRACIDE 1:200.
- Measure out 1 litre of product in a graduated beaker and add to a clean 200 litre drum. Fill the drum with 199 litres of clean water.
- Mix well and apply onto pre-cleaned surface with a broom, knapsack spray or foaming apparatus.
- Leave on for 20 – 30 minutes and then rinse off with clean water and allow surface to dry before applying final disinfectant.
- No recommendation is made for use for disinfecting purposes at dilutions greater than that corresponding to the anti-microbial value.
Safety precautions and first aid
Skin – Take off contaminated clothing and rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Swallowed – Call a doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip water if able to swallow. Rinse mouth with water. Do not induce vomitting unless told to do so by the doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
Inhaled – Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call an ambulance, then give artificial repsiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Note to Doctor: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Have product container or label with you when calling the doctor or going for medical treatment.
Packaging & Storage
ULTRACIDE is packed in 25 litre UN approved, non-removable head, HDPE plastic jerry cans, square 1200-1300g fitted with screw cap and rubber gasket (torque 20Nm). The packaging meets Packing Group II and III tests. Each drum can handle any product with a specific gravity less than 1.8 and allow an internal test pressure of 100kPa.
Store in a tightly closed container in a well-ventilated chemical storage facility between 10°C and 25°C, away from sensitive environs, foodstuffs and children. Keep under lock and key.
Keep out of direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to high temperatures will have a detrimental effect on the product. Shelf-life = 24 months from date of manufacture.