Area of application
- STABISAN is a highly concentrated detergent disinfectant based on a synergistic blend of amphoteric and quaternary ammonium compounds, which have broad-spectrum anti-bacterial and anti-fungal activities.
- STABISAN is a general disinfectant applied on surfaces, generally clean and in good repair, to supplement other efforts at improving hygiene conditions.
- STABISAN is ideal for use as a terminal disinfectant for processing equipment found in the Food Processing Industry.
- STABISAN, when used at the recommended dilution levels, is safe in the environment.
- STABISAN can be applied via high-pressure washers, foamers, mops or fogging equipment.
- Broad spectrum against gram negative, gram-positive bacteria, yeasts, moulds and fungi.
- Effective in hard water conditions.
- Suitable for all equipment.
- Non-corrosive, non-staining.
- Can be applied manually, high-pressure washers, foam equipment or fogging.
- Low toxicity at use dilutions, with minimal effect on the environment.
- High active product, can be foamed at up to dilutions of 1:100.
Mode of action
Physical & chemical properties
|Appearance||:||Clear blue liquid|
|S.G.||:||0.99 – 1.05|
|pH||:||10.0 – 10.5|
|Escherichia coli||1:100||500ppm||Avian influenza||1:100||500ppm|
|Staphylococcus aureus||1:100||500ppm||Newcastle disease||1:100||500ppm|
Recommended method of application
NOTE: In common with all QAC detergents, STABISAN is cationic and therefore is not compatible with normal anionic detergents and soaps.
STABISAN is a general disinfectant designed to be applied on surfaces, generally clean and in good repair with the aim to supplement other efforts at improving hygiene conditions.
- Dilute product 1:100 following the procedure described in the preparation table below.
- Mix well and apply with a broom, knapsack spray or foaming apparatus
- Leave to dry.
- Disinfect previously cleaned hard surfaces such as walls, floors, woodwork, sinks, bathroom fixtures, with 10 ml of STABISAN to 1 litre of water (500 ppm).
- Disinfect previously cleaned porous surfaces such as ceiling board, chopping blocks, pallets, rubber conveyor belts, in meat, poultry and other food processing operations, use 20 ml STABISAN to 1 litre of water (1000 ppm).
- STABISAN can be applied via high pressure washer or foaming equipment.
- All surfaces should be exposed to the disinfecting solution for a period of not less than 10 minutes.
- Food contact surfaces which have been disinfected must be rinsed thoroughly with potable water.
- For use on non-food contact surfaces as a general disinfectant use 500 to 1000 ppm active quaternary. Follow disinfectant directions above.
FOGGING can be used as an addition to acceptable manual cleaning and disinfecting as described above. Prior to fogging, food products and packaging materials must be removed from the room or carefully protected.
- After cleaning, fog desired areas using 35ml/m³ of room area with Eco solution containing 20ml of STABISAN to 1 litre of water (1000 ppm).
- Vacate the area of all personnel for a minimum of 2 hours after fogging.
- All food contact surfaces must be thoroughly rinsed with STABISAN solution of 500 ppm active quaternary 10ml/litre.
- Allow food contact surfaces to drain thoroughly before operations are resumed.
STABISAN is an excellent disinfectant for use in spray races since it is non-corrosive and non-staining and is effective in hard water.
- In spray races, STABISAN must be used at a dilution of 1:100 (1%)
|1:100||10ml product in 1 litre of water; 2 litres in 200 litres of water|
|1:200||5ml product in 1 litre of water; 1 litre in 200 litres of water|
|1:500||2ml product in 1 litre of water; 400ml in 200 litres of water|
Safety precautions and first aid
Eyes – hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if still present, after 5 minutes then continue rinsing. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Skin – Take off contaminated clothing and rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Swallowed – Call a doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip water if able to swallow. Rinse mouth with water. Do not induce vomitting unless told to do so by the doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
Inhaled – Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call an ambulance, then give artificial repsiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Note to Doctor: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Have product container or label with you when calling the doctor or going for medical treatment.
Packaging & Storage
STABISAN is packed in 25 litre UN approved, non-removable head, HDPE plastic jerry cans, square 1200-1300g fitted with screw cap and rubber gasket (torque 20Nm). The packaging meets Packing Group II and III tests. Each drum can handle any product with a specific gravity less than 1.8 and allow an internal test pressure of 100kPa.
Store in a tightly closed container in a well-ventilated chemical storage facility between 10°C and 25°C, away from sensitive environs, foodstuffs and children. Keep under lock and key.
Keep out of direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to high temperatures will have a detrimental effect on the product. Shelf-life = 24 months from date of manufacture.