Area of application
BIOFECT is a broad spectrum disinfectant containing a blend of Glutaraldehyde/QAC based applicable as an aid in improved hygiene management for use in a variety industrial areas such as animal and poultry houses, hatcheries and swine producing facilities.
BIOFECT is ideal for use as the final step in the disinfecting process in poultry houses and hatcheries.
- Effective at low concentrations and ambient temperature.
- Concentrated for maximum economy in transportation and use.
- Wide range of applications.
- Miscible in hard or soft water.
|Infectious Bursal disease||1:100|
Recommended method of application
- After removing all livestock and organic matter (litter and manure), rinse house with potable water, wash/foam with a strong detergent and rinse with potable water again. Remove excess fluid.
- Dilute BIOFECT 1:100.
- Mix well and apply on pre-cleaned surface with a knapsack spray or foaming apparatus.
- Leave on and allow to dry before replacing all livestock and equipment. No recommendation is made for use for disinfecting purposes at dilutions greater than that corresponding to the anti-microbial value.
Disinfection of equipment:
- Immerse all clean equipment in an appropriate disinfection solution for at least 20 minutes.
- Allow to dry.
- Fresh disinfectant solution should be made daily.
Safety precautions and first aid
Skin – Take off contaminated clothing and rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Swallowed – Call a doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip water if able to swallow. Rinse mouth with water. Do not induce vomitting unless told to do so by the doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
Inhaled – Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call an ambulance, then give artificial repsiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Note to Doctor: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Have product container or label with you when calling the doctor or going for medical treatment.
Packaging & Storage
BIOFECT is packed in 25 litre UN approved, non-removable head, HDPE plastic jerry cans, square 1200-1300g fitted with screw cap and rubber gasket (torque 20Nm). The packaging meets Packing Group II and III tests. Each drum can handle any product with a specific gravity less than 1.8 and allow an internal test pressure of 100kPa.
Store in a tightly closed container in a well-ventilated chemical storage facility between 10°C and 25°C, away from sensitive environs, foodstuffs and children. Keep under lock and key.
Keep out of direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to high temperatures will have a detrimental effect on the product. Shelf-life = 24 months from date of manufacture.