Area of application
- T.H.S. is a clear gel hand sanitizer specially formulated for operators’ hands in the food industry where a high standard of hygiene is required and where handling of food items takes place.
- T.H.S. is a blend of wetting agents, disinfectants and moisturisers formulated to break down biofilms on the skin and to clean and sanitize hands without the effect of drying out the skin.
- The product contains no dyes or perfumes that could contaminate food or leave residual odours.
- All ingredients are safe when in contact with food or meat, and on the human skin.
- It is stable and has a long shelf life.
- It is active against a wide range of micro-organisms.
- It forms a bacteriostatic film.
- Non-irritating to the skin and leaves no residual odour.
- Stable in the presence of organic matter.
Mode of action
Physical & chemical properties
|Appearance||:||Colourless viscous liquid|
|pH||:||7 – 7.5|
|S.G.||:||0.89 – 1.00 at 20°C|
|Viscosity||:||30 – 90 sec|
Recommended method of application
- Make sure all organic matter like dirt and grease are removed from your hands.
- Apply a coin-size amount to the palm of one hand.
- Rub your hands together, covering all surfaces of both hands, including between your fingers and up around your fingertips and nails.
- Leave to dry.
Safety precautions and first aid
Eyes – hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if still present, after 5 minutes then continue rinsing. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Skin – Take off contaminated clothing and rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Swallowed – Call a doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip water if able to swallow. Rinse mouth with water. Do not induce vomitting unless told to do so by the doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
Inhaled – Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call an ambulance, then give artificial repsiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Note to Doctor: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Have product container or label with you when calling the doctor or going for medical treatment.
Packaging & Storage
T.H.S. is packed in 1000 litre UN approved extrusion blow moulded HDPE flowbin with welded tubular galvanized steel grid on pallet (wood or galvanized steel). Filling Opening (top) – 150mm with screw cap & seal (normal / breather). Outlet valve – 50mm butterfly valve / ball valve. The packaging meets Packing Group II and III tests. Each drum can handle any product with a specific gravity less than 1.9.
Store in a tightly closed container in a well-ventilated chemical storage facility between 10°C and 25°C, away from sensitive environs, foodstuffs and children. Keep under lock and key.
Keep out of direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to high temperatures will have a detrimental effect on the product. Shelf-life = 24 months from date of manufacture.