Quality Assured: SABS Approved
Download: Product Data Sheet
Area of application
- TRIHIDRO is a peroxyacetic acid-based sanitizer/disinfectant developed for the prevention and removal of heavy soils and scale/mineral build up from the drinking water system in animal and poultry houses.
- It can also be used as a disinfectant for previously cleaned hard non-porous surfaces in poultry houses, hatcheries and livestock quarters.
Physical & chemical properties
|S.G.||:||1.07 – 1.16|
|Oxygen||:||28 – 35ml|
|Escherichia coli||1:200||Aspergillus brasiliensis||1:100|
|Staphylococcus aureus||1:200||Candida albicans||1:100|
Recommended method of application
NOTE: If cleaning the operating system, stop use of TRIHIDRO 12 hours prior to vaccinating or medication via the water line. While cleaning the operating system, never mix any other product with TRIHIDRO.
- TRIHIDRO must be added in the systems directly and not mixed with any other chemicals or additives.
- Discontinue the use of chlorine and bromine products prior to using this product.
- Contamination with other chemicals could result in product decomposition.
- Add this product at a point in the system where uniform mixing and distribution will occur.
- To clean the system, use 2% solution / 1:50 or 20 grams per litre of water and leave to work in the system for 12 – 48 hours.
- Rinse with plenty of potable water to make sure all product is out of the entire system, including nipples or cups.
- A 2% / 1:50 dilution is recommended for the best results.
- TRIHIDRO disinfectants as it cleans in one operation.
- It can be used as a deep clean step to disinfect floors, walls and other hard non-porous surfaces.
- For heavily soiled areas a pre-cleaning step is required, followed by a potable water rinse.
- After diluting the product 1:200 apply with a mop, sponge or foaming equipment.
- Allow to remain wet for 20 minutes, then remove solution by rinsing with potable water.
- Prepare a fresh solution daily.
- A further disinfectant step is necessary for final disinfection.
|1:100||10ml product in 1 litre of water; 2 litres in 200 litres of water|
|1:200||5ml product in 1 litre of water; 1 litre in 200 litres of water|
|1:500||2ml product in 1 litre of water; 400ml in 200 litres of water|
Safety precautions and first aid
Skin – Take off contaminated clothing and rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Swallowed – Call a doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip water if able to swallow. Rinse mouth with water. Do not induce vomitting unless told to do so by the doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
Inhaled – Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call an ambulance, then give artificial repsiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Note to Doctor: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Have product container or label with you when calling the doctor or going for medical treatment.
Packaging & Storage
TRIHIDRO is packed in 25 litre UN approved, non-removable head, HDPE plastic jerry cans, square 1200-1300g fitted with screw cap and rubber gasket (torque 20Nm). The packaging meets Packing Group II and III tests. Each drum can handle any product with a specific gravity less than 1.8 and allow an internal test pressure of 100kPa.
Store in a tightly closed container in a well-ventilated chemical storage facility between 10°C and 25°C, away from sensitive environs, foodstuffs and children. Keep under lock and key.
Keep out of direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to high temperatures will have a detrimental effect on the product. Shelf-life = 24 months from date of manufacture.