Area of application
- U-29 is an alkaline fluorescent yellow foaming liquid containing solvents, grease cutters, emulsifiers and penetrants for efficient oil and grease removal for use in the food processing industry.
- U-29, being an extremely versatile product, can be used safely on most surfaces for removing a wide variety of soils, such as:
- Greasy floors and surfaces in food processing plants, specifically acid resistant tiles.
- Kitchens for cleaning stoves, tiles, working surfaces, sinks, etc.
- U-29 can be mixed with water for lowest usage costs and efficiency.
- Economical – concentrated formula.
- Free rinsing.
- High foaming.
- Easily dispersed into foam, high pressure and steam cleaning equipment.
- High solvency.
Physical & chemical properties
|Stability||:||Stable to continued freeze/thaw cycles|
Recommended method of application
NOTE: U-29 contains free alkalinity; care should be taken on painted surfaces. Aluminum surfaces may become dull after continued cleaning with U-29.
U-29 can be applied by high pressure foamers and steam cleaning equipment, or simply by hand with the aid of a cloth, mop or brush.
FOR GENERAL PURPOSE CLEANING AND DEGREASING
- Dilutions: Lower Limit: 1% Upper Limit: 2%
- U-29 can be diluted 10-20ml per liter (1-2 %) preferably with water (approximately 50ºC) depending on the severity of soil to be removed.
- Rinse from food contact surface after use.
Preparation table - Application rate at 300ml / m²:
|1:100||10ml product in 1 litre of water; 2 litres in 200 litres of water|
|1:200||5ml product in 1 litre of water; 1 litre in 200 litres of water|
|1:500||2ml product in 1 litre of water; 400ml in 200 litres of water|
Safety precautions and first aid
Eyes – hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if still present, after 5 minutes then continue rinsing. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Skin – Take off contaminated clothing and rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Swallowed – Call a doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip water if able to swallow. Rinse mouth with water. Do not induce vomitting unless told to do so by the doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
Inhaled – Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call an ambulance, then give artificial repsiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Note to Doctor: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Have product container or label with you when calling the doctor or going for medical treatment.
Packaging & Storage
U-29 is packed in 25 litre UN approved, non-removable head, HDPE plastic jerry cans, square, 1200-1300g fitted with screw cap and rubber gasket (torque 20Nm). The packaging meets Packing Group II and III tests. Each drum can handle any product with a specific gravity less than 1.8 and allow an internal test pressure of 100kPa.
Store in a tightly closed container in a well-ventilated chemical storage facility between 10°C and 25°C, away from sensitive environs, foodstuffs and children. Keep under lock and key.
Keep out of direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to high temperatures will have a detrimental effect on the product. Shelf-life = 24 months from date of manufacture.