Area of application
- KLOR M is a low foaming, highly alkaline liquid containing chlorine.
- It is particularly effective for cleaning and sterilizing hard surfaces in Food Processing Plants, Dairies, Brewing Plants and Soft Drink Bottling Plants in one easy operation.
- Because of its low foaming characteristics, it is ideal for use in a CIP (Circulation Cleaner) or Crate Washing.
- Virtually odourless ‑ neutralizes offending odours caused by bacteria.
- Being liquid it is easy to apply.
- Cleans and sanitizes in one operation.
- Fast acting.
- Effective in hard and soft water.
- Low foaming ‑ ideal for CIP cleaning.
- Easily removes protein and tannin stains.
- Protein peptising action – followed by saponification of fatty soils.
Mode of action
Physical & chemical properties
|Appearance||:||Clear colourless liquid|
|pH||:||12.0 to 12. 5|
|S.G||:||1.19 – 1.23|
Recommended method of application
- If possible, all items to be cleaned, should first be rinsed with warm or fresh water.
- Rinse from food contact surfaces after use.
Circulation or soak cleaning
- Mix 10‑25mls per litre water and heat to 60‑70°C if possible.
- Allow a contact time of 5‑10 minutes before draining and rinsing.
- Make up a solution of 10 mls per litre water for a period of 10‑20 minutes before rinsing.
- Charge Crate Washing Machine at 0, 1 – 0, 2% KLOR M concentration. Temperature 25-50°C.
- For heavily soiled crates KLOR M up to 1% concentration should be used.
Safety precautions and first aid
Skin – Take off contaminated clothing and rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Swallowed – Call a doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip water if able to swallow. Rinse mouth with water. Do not induce vomitting unless told to do so by the doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
Inhaled – Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call an ambulance, then give artificial repsiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Note to Doctor: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Have product container or label with you when calling the doctor or going for medical treatment.
Packaging & Storage
KLOR M is packed in 25 litre UN approved, non-removable head, HDPE plastic jerry cans, square 1200-1300g fitted with screw cap and rubber gasket (torque 20Nm). The packaging meets Packing Group II and III tests. Each drum can handle any product with a specific gravity less than 1.8 and allow an internal test pressure of 100kPa.
Store in a tightly closed container in a well-ventilated chemical storage facility between 10°C and 25°C, away from sensitive environs, foodstuffs and children. Keep under lock and key.
Keep out of direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to high temperatures will have a detrimental effect on the product. Shelf-life = 24 months from date of manufacture.