Area of application
- TRAYKLEEN is a chlorinated caustic cleaner and may be used in all food industries including dairies, abattoirs, beverage plants, food processing plants and hatcheries.
- TRAYKLEEN efficiently removes fats, oils, proteins and other related soils.
TRAYKLEEN, being a liquid, is:
- Easy to dispense or dose.
- Economical to use at recommended concentrations.
- Effective in hard or soft water.
- Enhances protein peptizing.
- Easily removes protein scale.
Mode of action
Physical & chemical properties
|S.G||:||1.16 – 1.18|
Recommended method of application
- TRAYKLEEN can be diluted 10mls per litre (1%) with water.
- TRAYKLEEN can be applied simply by hand with the aid of a crate washer at 1% dilution.
- TRAYKLEEN can be applied using a brush, high pressure cleaner or automatic crate washer.
Preparation table - Application rate at 300ml / m²:
|1:100||10ml product in 1 litre of water; 2 litres in 200 litres of water|
|1:200||5ml product in 1 litre of water; 1 litre in 200 litres of water|
|1:500||2ml product in 1 litre of water; 400ml in 200 litres of water|
Safety precautions and first aid
Skin – Take off contaminated clothing and rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Swallowed – Call a doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip water if able to swallow. Rinse mouth with water. Do not induce vomitting unless told to do so by the doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
Inhaled – Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call an ambulance, then give artificial repsiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Note to Doctor: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Have product container or label with you when calling the doctor or going for medical treatment.
Packaging & Storage
TRAYKLEEN is packed in 25 litre UN approved, non-removable head, HDPE plastic jerry cans, square 1200-1300g fitted with screw cap and rubber gasket (torque 20Nm). The packaging meets Packing Group II and III tests. Each drum can handle any product with a specific gravity less than 1.8 and allow an internal test pressure of 100kPa.
Store in a tightly closed container in a well-ventilated chemical storage facility between 10°C and 25°C, away from sensitive environs, foodstuffs and children. Keep under lock and key.
Keep out of direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to high tempertaures will have a detrimental effect on the product. Shelf-life = 24 months from date of manufacture.