Area of application
- OPTIMAX is an alkaline, high foaming, liquid detergent containing solvents, grease cutters, emulsifiers and penetrants for efficient oil and protein removal.
- It can be diluted with water for lowest usage costs and efficiency.
- OPTIMAX being an extremely versatile product, can be used safely on most surfaces for removing a wide variety of soils.
- Economical – concentrated formula.
- Free rinsing.
- High foaming.
- Easily dispensed into foam, high pressure and steam cleaning equipment.
- High solvency, good protein removal.
- For general-purpose cleaning and degreasing in food process plants.
- Protein digestion in food processing plants.
- Greasy floors and surfaces in food processing plants, specifically acid resistant tiles.
- Food preparation areas for cleaning stoves, tiles, working surfaces, sinks, etc.
- Cleaning of animal pens.
Physical & chemical properties
|Appearance||:||Clear amber liquid|
|Solubility||:||Soluble in water|
|S.G||:||1.03 – 1.08|
Recommended method of application
- OPTIMAX can be applied by high and low-pressure foamers, or simply by hand with the aid of a cloth, mop or brush.
- OPTIMAX can be diluted 5-10mls per liter (0.5-1%) with water, depending on the severity of soil to be removed.
NOTE: Aluminum surfaces may become dull after continued cleaning with OPTIMAX.
Preparation table - Application rate at 300ml / m²:
|1:100||10ml product in 1 Litre of water; 2 Litres in 200 litres of water|
|1:200||5ml product in 1 Litre of water; 1 Litres in 200 litres of water|
|1:500||2ml product in 1 Litre of water; 400ml in 200 litres of water|
Safety precautions and first aid
Skin – Take off contaminated clothing and rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Swallowed – Call a doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip water if able to swallow. Rinse mouth with water. Do not induce vomitting unless told to do so by the doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
Inhaled – Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call an ambulance, then give artificial repsiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Note to Doctor: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Have product container or label with you when calling the doctor or going for medical treatment.
Packaging & Storage
OPTIMAX is packed in 25 litre UN approved, non-removable head, HDPE plastic jerry cans, square 1200-1300g fitted with screw cap and rubber gasket (torque 20Nm). The packaging meets Packing Group II and III tests. Each drum can handle any product with a specific gravity less than 1.8 and allow an internal test pressure of 100kPa.
Store in a tightly closed container in a well-ventilated chemical storage facility between 10°C and 25°C, away from sensitive environs, foodstuffs and children. Keep under lock and key.
Keep out of direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to high temperatures will have a detrimental effect on the product. Shelf-life = 24 months from date of manufacture.