Area of application
- HANDSAN is a non-perfumed liquid hand cleanser containing disinfecting compounds.
- It is specifically developed for the food industry where perfumed products cannot be used due to dangers of tainting the foodstuff.
- HANDSAN is a synthetic hand cleanser that gives maximum cleaning, as it is unaffected in either hard or soft water.
Physical & chemical properties
|Appearance||:||Clear green viscous liquid.|
|Non-perfumed||:||Will not taint foodstuff.|
|pH||:||6.8 – 7|
|Economical||:||High active content.|
Recommended method of application
- Apply through soap dispensers at approximately 5 mls per hand washing.
- Rinse hands before use.
- Add soap to palms, rub hands together to form a lather, covering all surfaces of your hands and fingers.
- Rub finger tips into palms to clean under the nails.
- Rinse well under warm running water.
- Dry with a single-use towel.
- Rinse from food contact surfaces after use.
Safety precautions and first aid
Eyes – hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if still present, after 5 minutes then continue rinsing. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Skin – Take off contaminated clothing and rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Swallowed – Call a doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip water if able to swallow. Rinse mouth with water. Do not induce vomitting unless told to do so by the doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
Inhaled – Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call an ambulance, then give artificial repsiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth. Call a doctor for treatment advice.
Note to Doctor: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Have product container or label with you when calling the doctor or going for medical treatment.
Packaging & Storage
HANDSAN is packed in 25 litre UN approved, non-removable head, HDPE plastic jerry cans, square 1200-1300g fitted with screw cap and rubber gasket (torque 20Nm). The packaging meets Packing Group II and III tests. Each drum can handle any product with a specific gravity less than 1.8 and allow an internal test pressure of 100kPa.
Store in a tightly closed container in a well-ventilated chemical storage facility between 10°C and 25°C, away from sensitive environs, foodstuffs and children. Keep under lock and key.
Keep out of direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to high temperatures will have a detrimental effect on the product. Shelf-life = 24 months from date of manufacture.