Manchem.co.za’s Anti-Spam Policy
Manchem.co.za is committed to permission-based email marketing practices, and as a result has established this no-tolerance Anti-Spam Policy. Manchem.co.za will occasionally update this Anti-Spam Policy.
What is spam?
Spam is commercial email or unsolicited bulk email, including “junk mail”, which has not been requested by the recipient. It is intrusive and often irrelevant or offensive and it wastes valuable resources. Spam messages are the opposite of permission-based email which are normally anticipated, personal, relevant and/or associated with a pre-existing business or personal relationship. Inappropriate newsgroup activities consisting of excessive posting of the same materials to several newsgroups are also deemed to be spam.
Customers of Manchem.co.za have agreed in their contract to comply with this Anti-Spam Policy. Specifically, each customer agrees not to use the Manchem.co.za services to send unsolicited email or bulk email, whether or not for commercial purposes. Manchem.co.za reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion what constitutes actionable spam, as well as what measures are necessary in response to such spam activities.
How Manchem.co.za helps to avoid spamming
Manchem.co.za operates on a strict permission-based philosophy. This anti-spam philosophy is implemented through the following:
- Unsubscription – Each email communication marketing Manchem.co.za services contains an “unsubscribe link”. If Manchem.co.za’s web site visitors use the link to request that they be unsubscribed, its subscriber lists will automatically be adjusted to eliminate the prospect of sending unwanted email to such persons. Additionally, each person on its subscriber list has the option of unsubscribing through a web-based method provided on the Manchem.co.za web site.
Laws restricting spam
Spam laws vary from country to country. This Manchem.co.za Anti-Spam Policy has been developed to conform to the highest commercially reasonable standards. As a result, and without limiting the general prohibitions against all spam activities, the following are expressly prohibited:
- Use of false headers or other false information to identify the point of origin or the transmission path of the email, or to hide the true origin of the email sender.
- Unauthorized use of a third party’s internet domain name without the permission of such third party, to make it appear that the third party was the point of origin of the email.
- Use of any false or misleading information in the subject line of the email.
- Assisting any person in using the services of Manchem.co.za for any of these previously mentioned activities.
Questions to ask yourself
To help in establishing whether you are participating in activities constituting spam, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you sending email to non-specific addresses, such as firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com?
- Have you deliberately falsified your transmission path information or originating address?
- Are you sending email to mailing lists or distribution lists which then send indirectly to various other email addresses?
- Are you imported for use a purchased list of any type?
- Are you continuing to mail to anyone who has asked to be deleted from your mailing list?
- Does your email not provide a fully functioning link to unsubscribe?
- Does your email subject line contain false or misleading information?
- Have you used a third party’s email address or domain name without the party’s consent?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you are likely involved in spam activities!
If you believe that you have received spam from or through Manchem.co.za’s facilities, please send a complaint from your email account along with the unsolicited email, with completed header, to your ISP. Please provide any other information that you believe may help in the investigation
False spam complaints
Manchem.co.za supports the efforts of various organizations working to responsibly eliminate spam activities. However, if an individual has opted-in to receive email from Manchem.co.za and then falsely or maliciously files a spam complaint against Manchem.co.za, Manchem.co.za will cooperate fully with the appropriate agencies to ban the complainant from use of anti-spam software and the Internet community.